SEO Interview Questions for Candidates with 2-3 Years of Experience
1) What is SEO? What are the important types of SEO methods? Search engine optimization or SEO is a process of keep changing the position of a web page or website in search engine results by using keywords or phrases. Two Types of SEO are: On Page Optimization
Off Page Optimization
2) What are the SEO tools do you use? The SEO tools that I use are Google analytic, Keyword Planner, Alexa, open site explorer, Google Webmaster.3) What do you mean by Backlink? The incoming links to your website or webpage are referred to as Backlink. It is also called as an inbound link.4) What are outbound Links? The outbound links are Links, from your website to another webpage or website.5) Explain Googlebot index and update a webpage Google uses the Googlebot (Web Spider). Caching, Crawling and indexing of a webpage are done through Googlebot by collecting details from that webpage.6) What is Cross-linking? What is the function of Crosslinking? Cross-linking is the process of linking one site to another site.
It provides users with reference sites that contain the content related to the search.
The 2 websites cross-linking do not be owned by the same person.
In other words, cross-linking is a barter wherein I link to you, and you link to me.
It could be a 2-way link or a 3-way link. In a 2-way link site A links to site B and site B links to site A. In a 3-way link, site A links to site B, site B links to site C and site C links to site A.
7) What is the main purpose of using keyword in SEO? A keyword is a single word, and while a combination of those keywords makes phrases. These keywords or phrases are used by the search engines to populate the subjects over the internet. Search engine stores keywords in the database, and when a search is done, it will come up with the best possible match.8) Explain body content relevanceWhenever there is a text that does not have images on the web page is referred to as body content relevance or non-image text. It helps in good optimization of the sites and also to improve your ranking in the search engine.9) Explain Spiders, Robots, and CrawlersSpiders, robot and crawler, they are all the same and referred by different names. It is a software program that follows or “Crawls” various links throughout the internet, and then grabs the content from the sites and adds to the search engine indexes.10) What does it mean if nothing appears while searching for the domain? On searching for your domain and if nothing appears, then there are three possibilities. Maybe the site is banned by search engines
Maybe no index by search engines
Some canonical issues
11)What is the keyword stemming? The process of finding out new keywords from the root keyword from the search query is referred to as keywords stemming. Adding a prefix, suffix, or pluralization can be used to create the new keyword.12) Name some SEO blogs that help you to enhance your content marketing strategiesGoogle Webmaster Central
Search Engine Land
Search Engine Journal
13) What do you mean by Cloaking? Cloaking is a deceptive way of optimizing your website for search. In this technique, different content will be shown to the search engine crawler than what is presented to the end users.14) How many types of Meta Tags are there in SEO? What are their characters limits? There are mainly for types of Meta tags in SEO.Meta Description tag with 1200 pixels limits
Meta Keyword tag
Title Tag with 600 pixels limits
15) How many characters limit in & Meta Description tag? We can add 70 characters in a title tag and 222 characters in the Meta Description tag. Though Google now places a pixel limit.