Research Assistant Metallurgical
Job DescriptionLast Date 10 Jul 19
Research Assistant Metallurgical recruitment at NIT Karnataka
Project Title : Life Extension of K-Type Thermocouples
Essential Qualifications: First Class BE/BTech in Metallurgical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with at least one year experience in industrial/engineering
problem solving in a professional organization.
Desired Qualification : 1. In-depth knowledge of mechanical behaviour of materials
- Passion for solving real-life engineering problems
- Experience in Engineering Failure and Root-Cause Analysis
- Exposure to Solid-Mechanics based Stress Analysis
- FEM based Simulation/Computational skills
- Materials Processing/Testing/Characterization skills Selected candidate is expected to register for a research programme (PhD/MTech-by-Research) at NITK.
Second/Final Year MTech (Mechanical/Metallurgical/Materials Engineering) students may apply.
Research Assistantship: Rs. 31,000/- per month for first year, and Rs. 35,000/- per month after the first year + 16% HRA (if the candidate chooses to live outside
Job Type : Full Time
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send CV and scanned copy of degree certificate to Dr. Subray R Hegde (email@example.com ) on or before 10th July 2019.
Selection will be based on qualification, experience, and performance in the interview. Candidates need to bring their degree certificates, grade cards/transcripts,
published papers, and other relevant documents at the time of interview.
The National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK) formerly known as Karnataka Regional Engineering College (KREC),is a public engineering university at
Surathkal, on the outskirts of Mangalore.