IISER Tirupati Jobs 2019: 05 Assistant Librarian, Private Secretary, Multiple Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
On 18/06/2019, IISER Tirupati announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed M.Lib, 12TH, Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate for the position of Assistant Librarian, Private Secretary, Multiple Vacancy.
Vacancy Assistant Librarian
Vacancies 01 Post
Experience 3 – 5 years
Job Location Tirupati
Last Date to Apply 09/07/2019
Other Qualification Details:
Essential educational qualifications and experience :
i) Master’s Degree in Library Science / information Science / Documentation Science with at least 60% marks or an equivalent Professional degree or its equivalent with equivalent grade (6.5 in 10-point scale) or its equivalent grade of ‘B’. in the UGC seven-point scale and a consistently good academic record with superior knowledge of computerized library service.
ii) Qualifying in the national level test conducted for the purpose by the UGC or any other agency approved by the UGC. However, candidates, who are or have been awarded Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment Assistant Librarian.
i) PG Diploma in Library Automation and Networking or PGDCA or equivalent.
ii) NET/SLET/SET qualified candidates shall be preferred.
1) To interact with the academic community, students of the Institute in order to determine their requirements of reading materials, and acquires the same for the library.
2) To classify the documents bringing out their contents in class numbers, provide reference services and documentation services to the faculty members, research scholars and students.
3) To strengthen the Institute’s current active role in various inter-institutional consortia and professional bodies, coordinating their activities, and liaising with local and
national institutes’ libraries for exchange of information and for resource sharing.
4) Prepare bibliographies and indexes. 5) Act as the liaison between the Librarian / Deputy Librarian, students and staff for communication purposes and to supervise the activities of the Library.
6) To prepare, collect, maintain and disseminate information about IISER Tirupati’s publications and other research and development activities.
7) To attend correspondence relating to the Library.
8)Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Age: Not more than 35 years